Translate

Friday, August 23, 2013

Lamorak and the Queen Morgause of Orkney (I)


http://oxfordinklings.blogspot.com/2010/04/lamorak-and-queen-morgause-of-orkney-i.html
Hued from the livid everlasting stone
the queen's hewn eyelids bruised my bone;
my eyes splintered, as our father Adam's when the first
exorbitant flying nature round creation's flank burst.

Her hair was whirlwind about her face;
her face outstripped her hair; it rose from a place
where pre-Adamic sculpture on an ocean rock lay,
and the sculpture torn from its rock was swept away.

Her hand discharged catastrophe; I was thrown
before it; I saw the source of all stone,
the rigid tornado, the schism and first strife
of primeval rock with itself, Morgause Lot's wife.

(tbc)

Taliessin through Logres (1938)
Charles Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment