Translate

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Song of Amergin

http://gorddcymru.org/twilight/ireland/index.htm
 


I am a stag: of seven tines, I am a wind of the sea,
I am a flood: across a plain, I am a wave of the sea,
I am a wind: on a deep lake, I am a sound of the sea,
I am a tear: the Sun lets fall, I am a stag of seven tines,
I am a hawk: above the cliff, I am a hawk on a cliff,
I am a thorn: beneath the nail, I am a tear of the sun,
I am a wonder: among flowers, I am fair among flowers,
I am a wizard: who but I, I am a boar,
Sets the cool head aflame with smoke? I am a salmon in a pool,
I am a lake on a plain,
I am a spear: that roars for blood, I am a hill of poetry,
I am a salmon: in a pool, I am a battle-waging spear,
I am a lure: from paradise, I am a god who forms fire for a head.
I am a hill: where poets walk,
I am a boar: ruthless and red, Who makes clear the ruggedness of the mountains?
I am a breaker: threatening doom, Who but myself knows where the sun shall set?
I am a tide: that drags to death, Who foretells the ages of the moon?
I am an infant: who but I, Who brings the cattle from the House of Tethra
Peeps from the unhewn dolmen arch? and segregates them?
On whom do the cattle of Tethra smile?
I am the womb: of every holt, Who shapes weapons from hill to hill?
I am the blaze: on every hill,
I am the queen: of every hive,
I am the shield: for every head,
I am the tomb: of every hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment